April 5, 2022
• Miami charged to the top of the Coastal Division standings with its road series sweep of Duke this past weekend and holds a one-game lead over Virginia, which took two of three from Georgia Tech. Louisville holds a two-game lead in the Atlantic Division despite dropping two of three at Pitt. Notre Dame, which scored a three-game road sweep at Florida State in a matchup of top-five teams, moved back into second place in the Atlantic standings with roughly two-thirds of the ACC season still remaining.
• With eight consecutive wins and back-to-back Coastal Division series sweeps, Miami also continued its fast climb in the national polls. The Hurricanes are ranked among the nation’s top 10 by four publications, and the eight-game winning streak is the team’s longest under fourth-year head coach Gino DiMare.
• Virginia is currently a consensus top-three team in the national polls including a No. 2 ranking by Baseball America, Collegiate Baseball and Perfect Game. The Cavaliers have hit 39 home runs in 19 games at Disharoon Park, already breaking the program mark of 38 by the 2017 club over the course of 34 home games. Fans have noticed, as evidenced by the record home crowd of 5,286 for Sunday’s win over Georgia Tech. That eclipsed the previous mark of 5,074 on April 12, 2012, for UVA’s home game against North Carolina. There have been 13 crowds of 5,000+ in Disharoon Park history. Sunday’s game and the 2012 game versus UNC are the only two that came during the regular season.
• Notre Dame’s three straight wins at No. 5 Florida State marked the Fighting Irish’s first series sweep of a Top-10 team since 2015. It also marked the first-ever series sweep for Notre Dame in Tallahassee in program history.
• With Virginia Tech’s No. 23 ranking by Perfect Game this week following its series win at North Carolina, 12 of the conference’s 14 teams have been ranked in at least one major poll during the 2022 season.
• Despite several schedule tweaks due to forecasts of inclement weather, ACC teams are hopeful of getting in their usual full slate of midweek games Tuesday and Wednesday. ACC teams are 172-49 (.778) this season versus opponents outside the conference, including a 129-19 mark in home games.
• Single-session tickets for the 2022 ACC Baseball Championship, scheduled for May 24-29 at Truist Field in Charlotte, North Carolina, are now on sale. Packages are available by visiting CharlotteKnights.com or by calling the Knights Ticket Office at 704-274-8282.
Courtesy of the ACC
Five ACC Teams Ranked Among Top 25 of Preseason Coaches Poll Continue reading Five ACC Teams Ranked Among Top 25 of Preseason Coaches Poll
Cade Klubnik Has ‘Come Long Way’ Since January Continue reading Cade Klubnik Has ‘Come Long Way’ Since January
Results From Clemson Annual Weigh In Continue reading Results From Big Clemson Weigh In