April 19, 2022
ACC teams have a combined 17 non-league games scheduled fpr Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday’s slate includes a pair of ACC-SEC rivalry matchups as Louisville welcomes Kentucky, while Clemson travels to Georgia. Clemson seeks a two-game sweep after downing the currently No. 14 Bulldogs at home last month.
• Louisville and Kentucky have met in all but two seasons since 1985. The teams did not meet in 2020 because of the cancellation of the season due to COVID-19 and had both matchups rained out in 2002.
• Another rivalry is scheduled to be renewed Wednesday in Pittsburgh, as the Panthers take on West Virginia at PNC Park. The game was originally set for Tuesday evening but was rescheduled due to pending inclement weather. The teams are slated to meet again on Tuesday, May 10, in Morgantown, West Virginia.
• ACC teams are 193-54 (.781) in non-conference games this season, including a 144-23 mark at home.
• Twelve ACC teams have been ranked in at least one major poll during the 2022 season. Seven are ranked this week, including three among the top 10 of the Baseball America Poll – No. 5 Miami, No. 8 Virginia and No. 9 Florida State. Virginia Tech continues its midseason surge and is ranked as high as No. 8 by D1Baseball after taking two of three from Miami in last weekend’s key Coastal Division series. The ACC’s five teams ranked among the top 20 of this week’s D1 poll leads all conferences.
• Milestone numbers abounded in Virginia Tech’s series-clinching win over Miami last Friday night in Blacksburg. The Hokies presented head coach John Szefc his 500th career victory, spanning his 17-year head coaching tenure at Marist, Maryland and Virginia Tech. The overflow crowd on hand for the game set the English Field regular-season record for attendance with 3,521 fans, ranking third all-time behind Virginia Tech’s 2013 NCAA Blacksburg Regional game against Connecticut (3,566) and its 2008 exhibition game against the New York Yankees (5,311).
• Szefc became the eighth current ACC head coach to reach the 500-win plateau. Georgia Tech’s Danny Hall (1,337) and NC State’s Elliott Avent (1,173) lead the contingent.
• Single-session tickets for the 2022 ACC Baseball Championship, scheduled for May 24-29 at Truist Field in Charlotte, North Carolina, are now on sale. Packages are available by visiting CharlotteKnights.com or by calling the Knights Ticket Office at 704-274-8282.
Clemson and Florida State have released depth charts ahead of this weekend’s matchup at Death Valley.
Clemson vs Florida Atlantic: Depth Charts
The ninth-ranked Tigers will travel to Duke to face off with the Blue Devils. Kickoff is set for 8 pm and the game will be televised by ESPN.