| For games through Sunday March 13:|
• Notre Dame, off to a hot start for the third consecutive season under head coach Link Jarrett, enters the week ranked No. 1 nationally by both Baseball America and Perfect Game. Notre Dame is just the second team this season to rank No. 1 in the Baseball America poll. The Fighting Irish (11-1, 2-0 ACC) are off to their best start to the season since 2015 and are the top-ranked team in the country for the first time since 2001.
• Virginia is ranked as high as No. 5, Georgia Tech as high as No. 6, and Florida State is ranked No. 8 by both D1Baseball and Baseball America. Six teams – Notre Dame, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Florida State Clemson and North Carolina – are consensus top-25 teams this week, and eight conference teams are ranked among the nation’s top 30 in at least one of the six major national polls.
• The first weekend of conference play saw Georgia Tech and North Carolina grab the early lead in the ACC Coastal as each swept division opponents at home. Notre Dame swept an abbreviated two-game series at NC State.
• ACC teams own a combined 136-39 (.777) record against non-conference opposition. That includes a 103-12 mark in home games. ACC teams have a combined 20 non-conference midweek games scheduled before resuming conference play with seven league series this weekend.
• Notre Dame is 56-16 (.778) since the start of the 2020 season. That winning percentage ranks second in the NCAA over the past three seasons and trails only Tennessee (.792).
• Through 16 games, Georgia Tech nationally ranks eighth with 28 home runs, sixth with 188 hits, and 12th with 149 runs. The Yellow Jackets also rank 15th in walks (91), 16th in batting average (.322) and 17th in on-base percentage (.429).
• North Carolina has the lowest team ERA in country (1.70) heading into the fifth week of the regular season. UNC has won 18 games in a row in Chapel Hill dating back to the final four home games of 2021. It marks the programs most consecutive home wins since winning 26 straight between the end of the 2018 season (18) and start of the 2019 campaign (8).
ACC By The Numbers
3 – Three ACC teams rank among the top five nationally for most all-time tournament appearances: No. 2 Florida State (58), No. 3 Miami (47), and No. 5 Clemson (44).
8 – The ACC’s eight teams in the 2021 NCAA Baseball Championship field were the second most of any conference. It marked the fifth time since 2010 that the ACC has placed at least eight teams in the NCAA tournament.
11- The ACC’s 11 pitchers named to the 2022 NCBWA Stopper of the Year Preseason Watch List led all conferences.
15 – At least one ACC team has reached the College World Series in Omaha each of the last 15 years the event has been held, and multiple ACC teams have reached the CWS 10 times during that span.
15 – Last year marked the 15th time overall that the ACC has sent more than one team to the CWS, with all multiple-team appearances taking place since 1994.
28 – The ACC has placed a total of 28 teams in the past 15 College World Series, an average of just under two per season.
90 – Ninety ACC teams have earned NCAA bids in the last 12 tournament years.
98 – The 14 current ACC teams have a combined 98 College World Series appearances.
58,516 – Total attendance for last year’s ACC Baseball Championship at Truist Field, in Charlotte, N.C., which ranks as the fifth highest in the 47-year history of the event. Two games – NC State versus North Carolina on May 28 and Duke versus NC State in the title game on May 30 – attracted more than 7,100 fans.
College Football Playoff Odds for Clemson
Odds for Clemson making the CFP Continue reading College Football Playoff Odds for Clemson
Clemson Early Double Digit Favorite Over Duke In Season Opener
More early betting lines have been released ahead of the upcoming college football season. Continue reading Clemson Early Double Digit Favorite Over Duke In Season Opener
Tigers Shoot Into Top 10 of D1 Baseball Rankings
Tigers Shoot Into Top 10 of D1 Baseball Rankings Continue reading Tigers Shoot Into Top 10 of D1 Baseball Rankings