The first week of June was a huge on for the Clemson Tigers on the recruiting trail.
After not being able to host any potential prospects on campus for more than a year, Clemson used the first week post-dead period to put on head coach Dabo Swinney’s high school camps.
Camps were held on Wednesday and Thursday and then on Saturday and Sunday, with two sessions each day. The highlight of the weekend was the appearance of 5-star Arch Manning on Saturday. The top quarterback in 2023 worked out for coaches and put on a show.
2023 DE/TE Matayo Uiagalelei worked out Saturday too. The younger brother of DJ was mighty impressive, working out at end in the morning and catching passes in the afternoon.
Some other news and notes from over the weekend.
- 2022 WR Antonio Williams visited and while he did not work out he toured the facilities and spent a great deal of time just taking it all in. An offer could be coming soon.
- 2022 TE Oscar Delp visited and the trip went as well as it could have for Clemson. Georgia should still be considered the leader but the Tigers are definitely in it and with plenty of time to finish the deal. The Dawgs adding Arik Gilbert can’t hurt Clemson’s chances.
- 2022 TE Jaleel Skinner worked out Saturday morning. He is currently looking like an FSU lean and it isn’t looking like he will be in town for this weekends Elite Retreat.
- 2023 QB Alaim Appler worked out all weekend. The new Dutch Fork quarterback has the look, the arm strength and the accuracy. You might not know his name yet but you will.
- 2023 QB Nico Iamaleava had arguably the strongest arm of any quarterback that worked out and the accuracy to go along with it. This kid has all the makings of a star.
- 2022 WR Nick Sowell is another kid who might start gaining some traction now that things are opening back up. He is 6-foot-5 and more than held his own with some of the more highly rated guys.
- 2023 ATH Kevis Thomas is a burner. He plays QB and CB in high school and looked like a natural working with the corners on Saturday.
- 2023 Moussa Kane arrived in Clemson this weekend relatively unknown and left with an offer. The kid was mighty impressive and with more visits planned in the future that offer list is only going to grow.
- Top-ranked 2023 WR Brandon Innis also left Clemson with an offer as did 2023 CB AJ Harris. Both are 5-star players.
- 4-star 2023 CB Ethan Nation also picked up an offer while on campus over the weekend.