Even before Alabama’s DeVonta Smith was finished with his Heisman speech the odds-makers at www.SportsBettingDime.com had already come out with their odds for next year’s award.
Clemson’s D.J. Uiagalelei had a really good showing in his first road start in prime time when he went 29 of 44 for 439 yards and two touchdowns in the Tigers 47-40 double overtime loss to the Fighting Irish in South Bend. The week before he went 30 of 41 for 342 yards and two touchdowns and a win against Boston College in his first start.
This is one of the many reasons why Clemson’s future is being left in good hands once Trevor Lawrence exits stage right and the odds-makers seem to agree. They have Uiagalelei second on their list of Heisman favorites in 2021 right behind Oklahoma QB Spencer Rattler. It’s a top 10 list that features all quarterbacks except for the ninth spot where you are apparently free to slide in any player of your choosing, as long as he does not play quarterback.
1. Spencer Rattler (QB, Oklahoma): 7/1
2. D.J. Uiagalelei (QB, Clemson): 9/1
3. JT Daniels (QB, Georgia): 11/1
4. Bryce Young (QB, Alabama): 13/1
5. Jayden Daniels (QB, Arizona State): 14/1
6. Kedon Slovis (QB, USC): 14/1
7. Sam Howell (QB, UNC): 14/1
8. D’Eric King (QB, Miami) 15/1
9. A Non-QB: 15/1
10. Michael Penix Jr (QB, Indiana): 19/1