For two weeks this Clemson team heard all the doubts. From the media all the way to inside its own fan base. Today Clemson came out and dominated from the opening kick until taking their foot off the gas early in the second half. It was over as soon as they finished singing the national anthem, giving the Tigers their fifth straight win over FSU.
- There is nobody better than Dabo and Co when it comes to playing the disrespect card. It was evident from the very first play this team had a chip on its shoulder and today they made a statement.
- Travis Etienne had a terrible game in Chapel Hill. To be honest he hadn’t looked like his normal self since taking that big hit in the Carrier Dome. Today, we saw the ETN we have become accustomed to seeing. He ran hard, and through tackles, averaging 7.5 YPC. He even completed a pass, and it was a well thrown pass.
- Trevor Lawrence was sharp. He was going through his progressions and outside of a couple of throws, was very accurate.
- The OL played with an attitude. Don’t let FSU’s slide fool you, that is still a good defensive front.
- BT Potter has to be better. You have to make the gimme’s. He deserved the scolding he got.
- Haven’t see much complaining about the play calling today, hmmm…..
- Tee Higgins was in street clothes in the second half. Hopefully it is just precautionary, this team needs him.
- The defense balled today. The early lead made FSU one dimensional, but when FSU did try and run it, there was very little there. Great gap integrity today.
- Noles had less than 200 total yards and half of that came against the reserves. FSU was just 2-12 on 3rd downs and held to just 61 rushing yards on 21 carries. That is balling.