April 12, 2022
• Miami and Louisville remain atop the ACC division standings following weekend action. The Hurricanes continiued as one the nation’s hottest teams, sweeping three games from visiting Virginia to run their overall winning streak to 13 games and take a four-game lead over the Cavaliers in the Coastal Division. Louisville bounced back from a series-opening loss to North Carolina to win the next two games, including a 14th-inning walkoff win over the visiting Tar Heels on Sunday. The Cardinals hold a one-game lead in the Atlantic Division over Notre Dame, which swept three games from visiting Clemson.
• Two major polls feature four ACC teams among the top 10 this week. D1Baseball is one of four publications to rank Miami No. 2 nationally, and the Hurricanes are followed by No. 6 Virginia, No. 9 Louisville and No. 10 Notre Dame. Collegiate Baseball also ranked Miami second in the nation, followed by No. 3 Louisville, No. 5 Virginia and No. 7 Notre Dame.
• Virginia Tech and Wake Forest continued to earn notice on the national radar after the Hokies took two of three from NC State, while the Demon Deacons swept their three-game series from visiting Duke. Virginia Tech is ranked as high as No. 17 this week (by Perfect Game) and is ranked in three other national polls. Wake Forest is ranked as high as No. 23 by both Baseball America and Collegiate Baseball.
• Twelve ACC teams have been ranked in at least one major poll during the 2022 season.
• With the Easter weekend pending, four ACC series are scheduled to begin this Thursday with Notre Dame at Duke, Boston College at NC State, Louisville at Florida State, and Miami at Virginia Tech. But each of the conference’s 14 teams first has a non-league game on the docket for Tuesday, including 11 games at ACC sites. ACC teams are 183-50 (.785) in non-conference games this season, including a 138-19 mark at home.
• Sunday’s 16-11 win over Duke marked head coach Tom Walter’s 350th victory at the helm of the Wake Forest baseball program.
• Notre Dame left-hander John Michael Bertrand has earned back-to-back ACC Pitcher of the Week honors while becoming the program’s first starter since 2017 to post a 5-0 record. Bertrand has gone 16 consecutive innings without allowihg an earned run. • Single-session tickets for the 2022 ACC Baseball Championship, scheduled for May 24-29 at Truist Field in Charlotte, North Carolina, are now on sale. Packages are available by visiting CharlotteKnights.com or by calling the Knights Ticket Office at 704-274-8282.
Clemson and Florida State have released depth charts ahead of this weekend’s matchup at Death Valley.
Clemson vs Florida Atlantic: Depth Charts
The ninth-ranked Tigers will travel to Duke to face off with the Blue Devils. Kickoff is set for 8 pm and the game will be televised by ESPN.