Well, that was fun. One of the more enjoyable wins in this rivalry series in quite some time.
Clemson shut out the Gamecocks 30-0 on Saturday night in Williams Brice, their record tying seventh straight win in the series.
- This was a total mismatch. And that’s with Clemson missing close to 20 scholarship and many more playing very banged up. One more example of the talent gap that exists between these two teams and just how wide it is.
- The Tigers dominated on the line of scrimmage. both sides of the ball. The offensive line was a joy to watch tonight against one of those vaunted SEC defenses. And Brent Venables defense just did what they do.
- Thought Mason Trotter was outstanding tonight. He has caught some flak at times throughout the season, but now that he is at center, where he belongs, he is starting to show what he can do.
- No Xavier Thomas, no problem. UofSC had just 206 yards of total offense, just 43 rushing yards and were just 4-16 on 3rd downs. Dominating effort by this defense. XT would have feasted against this OL had he played, though.
- Will Shipley is going to be a star. He already has the patience and field vision of a veteran running back. He is as electric as they come. 128 rushing yards for the freshman and averaged almost 7 yards per carry.
- Kobe Pace is also carving out a role for himself. He just makes plays. He might not have the flash Shipley does, but he is still plenty effective. Those two guys give this team a great one-two punch. Just wait until Phil Mafah really gets his feet under him.
- Numbers wise, another subpar night for DJ Uiagalelei. He was just 9-19 for 99 yards. Having said that there were at least two drops. There were also multiple instances of him placing the ball almost perfectly and the freshman receivers not showing a lot of aggressiveness in going up and getting them. An area they will improve in as they get more experience.
- When was the last time Clemson beat the Gamecocks without throwing a touchdown pass?
- Very likely Andrew Booth Jr’s final game against the Gamecocks and what a way to go out. Two interceptions and a pass break up. Future first round pick.
- Shutting out your rival, what better way to end the regular season. And doing it in their house. Clemson saved it best for last when it comes to road performances. This team had struggled away from home all season. Until Saturday night. The Tigers dominated from the opening series.
Newest Clemson Commit LB Kobe McCloud In Action Continue reading (WATCH) Newest Clemson Commit LB Kobe McCloud In Action
Watching Will Shipley, Poetry in Motion Continue reading Clemson Football: Watching Will Shipley, Poetry in Motion