Clemson needed a win over No. 10 Wake Forest to remain alive in the ACC Atlantic.
The Tigers got that win, taking it to the Demon Deacons 48-27 and looking closer to the team many expected all season.
- Was happy to see, on a day with so much emotion of Senior Day, just how laser focused this team began the game with on both sides of the ball.
- Of all the things that stood out, the biggest was how Clemson dominated the line of scrimmage. On both sides of the ball. We’ve seen that from the defense, but not from the offense. We got that today.
- Really impressed with just how well the defense started and really happy to see James Skalski impact the Demon Deacons offense right from the start, including one of the Tigers five sacks in the first quarter. His sack set the tone for the day as the Tigers dominated the line of scrimmage and finished with seven sacks.
- You see just how bad the injury bug has been when Will Swinney gets a start in this game. That is not a knock on Swinney but anyone who would have called that at the beginning of 2021 would have been laughed at.
- The defense frustrated and rattled Sam Hartman from the jump. Something that has been almost impossible to do so far this season.
- It was great to see offensive coordinator Tony Elliott using some trickery. Third and goal and running back Will Shipley throws a jump pass to Davis Allen for the second touchdown of the game.
- Was really impressed with how DJ Uiagalelei came out playing. Yes, a few of his passes were off target but the young man came out not only throwing but also running when it was there. This kid is far more banged up than most know.
- One of the biggest disappointments today was how many turnovers Clemson’s had (two fumbles and one interception). In a game like today’s that is something an injured team needs to stay away from. The defense was able to keep that stat even, with three of their own (two fumbles and one interception).
- One of the things that many said the Tigers would need to do to get a win was getting 200 yards on the ground. Well, they got that and more with 333 rushing yards. Leading the way were Kobe Pace who rushed for 191 yards and two touchdowns on 24 carries and Shipley with 112 yards and two touchdowns on 19 carries.
- Awesome seeing seniors like James Skalski, Nolan Turner, Darien Rencher, BT Potter, and Will Swinney go out undefeated this season in Death Valley while also getting their first win over a ranked team in dominating fashion.
Tigers 2022 Freshmen Class Tabbed As One of 10 Best In Nation
Tigers 2022 Freshmen Class Tabbed As One of 10 Best In Nation Continue reading Tigers 2022 Freshmen Class Tabbed As One of 10 Best In Nation
Clemson Football: Newcomer to Watch
Clemson Football: Newcomer to Watch Continue reading Clemson Football: Newcomer to Watch
Which Non-QB Position Group Will Define Clemson’s Season?
Which Non-QB Position Group Will Define Clemson’s Season? Continue reading Which Non-QB Position Group Will Define Clemson’s Season?