Clemson travels to Raleigh this weekend looking for their ninth straight win over the Wolfpack. It has been a one-sided series most of the past two decades with the Tigers having won 15 of the last 16.
Both teams head into this matchup with some serious questions. The ninth-ranked Tigers are facing some heavy scrutiny over an inept offense and the Wolfpack’s two-headed rushing attack was completely shut down in the only game they have played against a Power-5 opponent.
This weekend’s matchup in Raleigh could go a long way towards deciding the ACC Atlantic, and with that in mind, here are nine bold predictions for the game.
1. The Tigers will win. Regardless of how pretty or ugly, a win for this beleaguered bunch is desperately needed. They’ll start to re-write the narrative.
2. We will see, at least for a while, a change at QB. If things don’t start well for D.J. Uiagalelei, then Taisun Phommachanh will be seen. It’s inevitable. Today is the day.
3. Dave Doeren will make an a** out of himself and his team by making another ridiculous accusation against Dabo Swinney’s Tigers. What that will be is anyone’s guess. Maybe he’ll claim a two-headed coin was used or maybe Dabo Swinney uses mind control against his Wolfpack. Who knows? You can bet, It will be something.
4. There will be a platoon-like substitution strategy on the offensive line. Out of this philosophy, hopefully a better combination with be found. The backups got no snaps last week against Georgia Tech.
5. The Clemson defense will force multiple turnovers. The secondary will rise up to snag an interception or two. A forced fumble might come their way as well.
6. The legs of both BT Potter and Will Spiers will be the difference for the Tigers. Spiers will use his punts to pin the Wolfpack deep in their own territory. Potter will kick multiple field goals and at least one of 55 yards.
7. A new legend will be born into Tiger Folklore. Will it be Will Shipley, Will Taylor, Kobe Pace, Andrew Mukuba or someone else?
8. The stingy, stout, proficient Tiger defense will keep the Wolfpack out of the end zone. They have yet to allow a touchdown this season and today they will keep a fourth straight opponent from finding the end zone.
9. Clemson will rise two, maybe three spots in the national polls due to multiple losses of those teams ahead of them. It’s going to be a big “upset” kind of day in college football.
Clemson Takeover Set for ACC Network Continue reading Clemson Takeover Set for ACC Network
After Clemson Misses On One 2023 DL, All Eyes Now Turn Towards Priority Target Peter Woods Continue reading Clemson Misses On One 2023 DL, All Eyes Now Turn Towards Priority Target Peter Woods
College GameDay Host Names Clemson One of His Three Favorite Campuses Continue reading College GameDay Host Names Clemson One of His Three Favorite Campuses