The road was not very kind to the ninth-ranked Tigers on Saturday. NC State snapped and eight game losing streak to Clemson in a game in which the Clemson offense looked like something you might see on the local pop warner field.
- This offense has a myriad of issues. The offensive line is abysmal, the quarterback play is bad and the receivers can not get open. The play calling has not done this group any favors either.
- Back to the offensive line. Once again this group struggled blocking a 3-man front. There was no running room between the tackles. Again, against a 3-man front. It is hard to believe this program has seen such a stark drop along the offensive line. Looking for a reason, go back a few year to when Clemson signed just five total offensive linemen combined over consecutive recruiting classes. Instead of having a couple more upperclassmen there’s just to much youth and no center ready to play.
- D.J. Uiagalelei looked like he was coming out of his funk early on. However, that was not the case. He still holds onto the ball to long and is locking onto his primary target. Not to mention, he once again looked hesitant at times to take off running when a play was breaking down.
- Speaking of lackluster QB play, why not at least give Taisun Phommachanh a series or two to see if he could provide a spark? Even Lincoln Riley did that with Spencer Rattler, and guess what, it worked.
- These tight ends are just not very good. Braden Galloway still can not block and has far to many drops. Looks like he might haver regressed some with his blocking.
- And the play calling…. jeez. The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over expecting different results. That is what the game plan today looked like. Where is the eye candy? There is no pre snap motion. Where is the screen game? We were told all spring and summer how great Shipley could be in the passing game and we have yet to see it. How about a jet sweep? Although, to be honest, who are you running that with? Shipley? Line him up in the slot and everyone in the stadium will know what is coming.
- Can’t say enough about this Clemson defense but at a certain point you had to know that the offense was going to have to pull its own weight. With so many three and outs this defense was on the field all game long, and ended up just flat out getting beat up. And it may have cost them more than one game, as the injuries started to mount the more that they were on the field.
Dabo Swinney warned us Continue reading Clemson’s Dabo Swinney Warned Us All
Newest Clemson Commit Branden Strozier in Action Continue reading (WATCH) Newest Clemson Commit Branden Strozier in Action
Will Shipley Perfect Example of How Clemson Culture Works Continue reading Will Shipley Perfect Example of How Clemson Culture Works