#9 Clemson (2-1) at NC State (2-1)
Carter Finley Stadium, Raleigh NC
3:30 PM ESPN
- Clemson attempting to improve to 60-28-1 all-time against NC State. NC State would become the third
program against which Clemson has won 60 games all time (South Carolina, 71; Wake Forest, 68).
- Clemson attempting to earn a ninth straight victory against NC State and its 16th in a 17-game span in the series. Clemson’s current eight-game winning streak is already the longest in the all-time series between the two schools.
- Clemson attempting to push its all-time road record against NC State to 23-16. The Tigers have won seven of their last eight games in Raleigh, dating to 2005.
- Clemson attempting to win its fifth straight game in Raleigh to tie Clemson’s longest all-time road winning
streak at NC State (five from 1949-62).
- Clemson and NC State, whose last meeting was in Raleigh in 2019, playing consecutive contests in the series in Raleigh for the first time since 1951 and 1956 (with no meetings across the 1952-55 seasons). The teams’ scheduled meeting in Clemson in 2020 was
wiped out when the ACC schedule changed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The teams had played
every year since 1971 prior to 2020.
- Clemson attempting to score at least 35 points against NC State for a fourth consecutive game for the first time in series history.
- Clemson attempting to defeat an ACC Atlantic Division opponent for an 18th straight time and for the 38th time in its last 39 opportunities. Those figures include games against traditional Atlantic opponents in a divisionless season in 2020.
- Clemson attempting to improve to 28-2 in its last 30 true road games.
- Clemson attempting to improve to 29-2 against ACC opponents in its last 31 conference games away from
home (including neutral sites).
- Head Coach Dabo Swinney attempting to earn his 143rd career win to pass Steve Spurrier for sole possession of the sixth-most wins through the first
15 years of a coaching career in FBS history. Of note, Swinney is only in his 14th season (including an interim
season in 2008).
- Swinney attempting to move to 11-1 all-time against NC State.
- Clemson attempting to hold four consecutive offenses out of the end zone for the fourth time since 1950. Clemson posted four-game streaks with no
offensive touchdowns allowed in 1959 (Games 4-7),1981 (Games 2-5) and 1989-90 (Games 10-12, Game1)
- Clemson, which had four sacks last week against Georgia Tech, attempting to record at least four sacks against consecutive opponents for the first time since a four-game streak across the final two games of 2019 and first two games of 2020.
- Offensively, Clemson attempting to hold three consecutive opponents without a sack for the first time since 2015, when Clemson held Wake Forest, South
Carolina and North Carolina to zero sacks each late in that season.
Tony Elliott talks the Tigers identity on offense Continue reading Elliott Admits Clemson Hasn’t Established Offensive Identity, Excited to See How Guys Respond
RB enters transfer portal Continue reading Clemson RB Enters Transfer Portal
Watch newest commit Josh Sapp in action Continue reading (WATCH) Clemson’s Newest TE Commit Josh Sapp In Action