Five Bold Predictions For the Tigers 2020 Season (Photo by USAToday Sports)
The season opener against Wake Forest is just days away and Clemson football fans are anxiously awaiting the Tigers primetime matchup on Saturday in Winston-Salem.
To be perfectly honest, there is a lot to be excited about if you are a fan of the Tigers. They’re loaded on both sides of the ball and have the nation’s best quarterback and running back returning. It’s one reason the No. 1 Tigers are favored to win it all in 2020.
Today we make five bold predictions for this Clemson Tiger team in the coming season.
- Trevor Lawrence Wins The Heisman: If there were ever a year for the Tigers to finally have a Heisman winner this is it. The field is greatly reduced with so many teams not playing, and that includes Justin Fields, who many had already penciled in as this year’s winner. Add in what the star quarterback has done off the field throughout the offseason, and this one is a no-brainer.
- Clemson Won’t Go Undefeated: To take that one step further, no team goes unbeaten this season. There are just going to be to many obstacles to overcome regarding the Covid-19 safety protocols. In an instant, the Tigers could lose key components of this team for multiple games and they don’t even have to test positive for the virus to be ruled out.
- Xavier Thomas Leads Team In Sacks: Yes, I know, Thomas is currently out. However, he won’t be out all season and with the NCAA giving all players their year of eligibility back, XT will now be back sooner than originally planned. Expect the junior defensive end back much earlier. Early enough to come in and register more sacks than anyone else on the team.
- BT Potter Is One Of Best Kickers In Nation: After an up and down sophomore season, Potter will rebound and prove to not only be a valuable asset to this Clemson team, that leg of his is going to be quite the weapon. The kind of weapon most teams do not have. The kind that wins Lou Groza Awards.
- Clemson Wins National Title: This one may not be quite as bold, as many are predicting the same thing, but yes, the Tigers will come through on the other side with the trophy in tow. A Heisman winner and a national championship? Yes, please.