Hunter Renfrow will go down as one of the most iconic players in the history of Clemson Football. Out of Socastee, SC, the 5′ 10″ 155 lb Renfrow had his heart set on following in his mother and brother’s footsteps and attending Clemson.
His small frame led to him getting no interest from FBS schools and very little even on the FCS level. App State, Presbyterian, Gardner Webb, and Wofford were his only offers.
However, Renfrow would not be denied. He would walk on at Clemson, and the rest is history.
Recently the NCAA released a list of the top walk ons of all time and of course Renfrow made the cut, coming in at number five.
- Baker Mayfield — Texas Tech, Oklahoma
- Luke Falk — Washington State
- Matt McGloin — Penn State
- Austin Davis — Southern Mississippi
- Hunter Renfrow — Clemson
- Justin Hardy — Eastern Carolina
- Jared Abbrederis — Wisconsin
- Sean Bedford — Georgia Tech
- J.J. Watt — Wisconsin
- Clay Matthews — USC
- Jim Leonhard — Wisconsin
- Rodrigo Blankenship — Georgia
- Stephen Gostkowski — Memphis
The argument could be made that he deserves to be even higher, but top five of all time is nothing to sneeze at.