Clemson head coach Monte Lee is making some major tweaks to his starting rotation ahead of the Tigers (6-8, 1-5) weekend series at home against Virginia Tech (9-6, 5-4).
Mack Anglin, who has been dominant coming out of the bullpen will get the start on Friday. Davis Sharpe, who has started every Friday game to date, will move to Saturday, and Keyshawn Askew, who just returned from injury last weekend, gets the nod on Sunday.
• Friday – LHP Peyton Alford (VAT) vs. RHP Mack Anglin (CU)
• Saturday – LHP Chris Gerard (VAT) vs. RHP Davis Sharpe (CU)
• Sunday – TBA (VAT) vs. LHP Keyshawn Askew (CU)
• Clemson, who has a 6-3 home record, defeated Georgia State 7-2 at home on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 4.9 runs per game and hitting .233 with a .348 on-base percentage, .384 slugging percentage and 10 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.46 ERA, .248 opponents’ batting average and 3.27 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and Clemson is fielding .974
VIRGINIA TECH OVERVIEW
• Virginia Tech, who has a 2-1 road record, is led by fourth-year Head Coach John Szefc.
• The Hokies lost 7-2 at home against UNC Greensboro on Tuesday. They are hitting .271 and have a 4.43 ERA and .963 fielding percentage.
• TJ Rumfield is hitting .393 with three homers, Gavin Cross is batting .385 with four homers and 12 RBIs and Shane Connolly has four saves.
• Clemson is 5-0 when outhitting its opponent.
• Clemson has scored first in 11 of its 14 games in 2021.
TEODOSIO SHOWING ALL-AROUND GAME
• Junior Bryce Teodosio has always been one of the nation’s best defensive outfielders, but in 2021, he has stepped up his game at the plate.
• He is hitting .294 with two homers, two doubles, five RBIs, seven runs, a .415 on-base percentage and three steals in 14 games (12 starts).