• Who – Notre Dame (2-1, 2-1 ACC) vs. Clemson (4-2, 0-0 ACC)
• Best Ranking – UND – NR; CU – NR
• When– Friday (4 p.m.), Saturday (3 p.m.), Sunday (noon)
• Where – Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch – ACCNX (ESPN App)
• Video Announcers– Friday- Tim Bourret, Fred Cunningham
• Video Announcers– Saturday- Mark Childress, Marty Clary
• Video Announcers– Sunday- Marty Clary, William Qualkinbush
• Listen (Radio) – WCCP (105.5 FM)
Clemson hosts Notre Dame this weekend in the Tigers first ACC series of the season. Head coach Monte Lee has made a change to the starting rotation, choosing to insert Carter Raffield into that Sunday slot after a dominating outing on Tuesday against ETSU, in what was his first start of the season.
“It’s just a huge blessing,” Raffield said after the win on Tuesday. “Finally compete with my team, get to do what I love, get back to my home, which is the mound. I thank the good Lord above that he allowed me to get back out there and do what I normally do.”
• Friday – LHP Tommy Sheehan (UND) vs. RHP Davis Sharpe (CU)
• Saturday – LHP John Michael Bertrand (UND) vs. RHP Ty Olenchuk (CU)
• Sunday – RHP Christian Scafidi (UND) vs. RHP Carter Raffield (CU)
• Overall Record – Clemson leads 12-8 (1994-19)
• Record at Clemson – Tied 5-5 (1994-19)
• Clemson, who has a 4-0 home record, defeated East Tennessee State 7-3 at home on Tuesday behind two home runs by Caden Grice.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.7 runs per game and hitting .265 with a .370 on-base percentage, .435 slugging percentage and seven steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.05 ERA, .240 opponents’ batting average and 6.00 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .968.
NOTRE DAME OVERVIEW
• Notre Dame, who has played all three games on the road, is led by second-year Head Coach Link Jarrett.
• The Fighting Irish won two of three games at Wake Forest last week. They are hitting .243 and have a 4.85 ERA and 1.000 fielding percentage.
• Jared Miller is hitting .538, David LaManna is batting .444 and Niko Kavadas is hitting .333 with two homers and five RBIs.
• Clemson is 4-0 when committing less than two errors and 0-2 when committing two or more errors.
• Dylan Brewer and James Parker have reached base in all six games.
• Clemson’s Rob Hughes and Notre Dame’s John Michael Bertrand were teammates at Furman in 2019 and 2020.
TIGER PITCHERS MISSING BATS
• The 2020 Tiger pitching staff set the school record for strikeouts per nine innings pitched (10.85).
• The 2021 Clemson pitching staff is ahead of that figure, with 78 strikeouts in 56.0 innings pitched, good for a 12.54 mark.
• Tiger pitchers have only allowed 13 walks (6.00 strikeout-to-walk ratio). The school record in that category is 3.93, set by the 2017 team.
• Clemson combined for 21 strikeouts against three walks in 10.1 innings pitched against No. 16 South Carolina at Greenville, S.C. on Feb 27.
• The Tigers combined for 17 strikeouts against one walk in 9.0 innings pitched against East Tennessee State on March 2.
• Clemson combined for 15 strikeouts against one walk in 9.0 innings pitched against Cincinnati on Feb. 19.
• Davis Sharpe has 19 strikeouts in 9.0 innings pitched, while Geoffrey Gilbert has 13 strikeouts in 5.1 innings pitched