Fifth year senior Tanner Muse was named a semifinalist for this year’s Jim Thorpe Award, which goes to the nation’s best defensive back. Through seven games he’s amassed 39 tackles with 3 INTs and 3 PBU.
He is one of 14 players that were named semifinalists by the screening committee. Although, it’s not a final list. The committee can add a player they deem deserving when it comes time to name the 3 finalists.
The entire list is below.
- Luq Barcoo, San Diego State, Sr.
- Essang Bassey, Wake Forest, Sr.
- Douglas Coleman, Texas Tech, Sr.
- Grant Delpit, LSU, Jr.
- Alohi Gilman, Notre Dame, Sr.
- AJ Green, Oklahoma State, Sr.
- CJ Henderson, Florida, Jr.
- Jevon Holland, Oregon, So.
- Xavier McKinney, Alabama, Jr.
- Tanner Muse, Clemson, *Gr.
- Jeffrey Okudah, Ohio State, Jr.
- JR Reed, Georgia, Sr.
- Elijah Riley, Army, Sr.
- Amik Robertson, Louisiana Tech, Jr.